Monday, May 30, 2011

Just Running to the Store is a bad idea



I ususally shop with coupons and a plan with a list. This week I was busy with the end of school and babysitting and a trip to the bigger city with coupons and a list just wasn't going to happen. Yesterday we were running low on the basics and we needed some fire ant killer, so I went to the Wal-mart in our small town. Big mistake! I spend $75 bucks and don't feel like I got much of anything. I did use some coupons, but Wal-mart does not double, so you don't get the same bang for your buck. Oh well, live and learn. This summer my sister and I are going to do one big shopping trip a week by ourselves. I just can't shop with the kids if I have to think even if they are this cute getting ready for church. This should help our budget stay in line.



On the home front it is Memorial Day and Steven is working, so we are heading to grandma's this afternoon to cook out and swim in their pool. We are bringing baked beans and potato salad, my parents are cooking hamburgers and hotdogs, and my sister is bringing dessert! It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment