Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

We had some friends over today to decorate gingerbread houses.


We also made cookies and decorated them with sprinkles.  I learned from another blog about putting them in muffin tins.  It makes it easier to pass.



After they were done, everyone had a plate of cookies to take home and a house.  They played outside when they were done and I cleaned up the mess,





Ashley and Steven have been on a mission trip in El Salvador this past week.  I have missed them so much, but I know that they have had the time of their lives, and have served the Lord.  They have built houses, served food, and visited orphanages.  I hope that they remember these people and how poor they are and how rich we are.  That is why I want all of my teens to go on a mission trip, so that they realize how fortunate we are.

We are going to my mom's tomorrow to let the kids do some crafts at her house.  The others won't be home until late, so I don't feel like we have to hang out around here all day.  We have tried to do lots of fun things this week getting ready for Christmas.  We have also tried to stay busy so that we don't miss the others so much.



Well, I need to go to bed.  I can't sleep late no matter what I do.

1 comment:

  1. I am a home child care provider. My own children are grown and married and each have 2 children of their own. (I have lots of little kid experience) One of my best tricks of the trade to keep things a bit tidy while the kids do the cookies etc. is to give each child working on the cookies a small 1/4 sheet cake pan to use as a tray. They work in that area on the table and then the mess stays in the trays. When we are none we put the mess into the garbage and run the trays through the dishwasher. Easy as you please.

    ReplyDelete