Saturday, May 12, 2012

Adjusting

We are adjusting to having an extra kid in the house.  Brianna is working hard on her math, and trying to finish it before the end of the school year.  School will be out in two weeks, and then what?  I hope I don't have to entertain everyone this summer.  I have a feeling that it will be a summer full of having friends over, swimming, beach, church activities and fun.  It will be a new summer of fun for my two new kids (yes, Brianna's brother is moving in next month.  Oh, it will be interesting,  but I am looking forward to it.

We are closing in our garage to make another bedroom.  We don't want the kids to feel crowded.  Luckily we have a large living room where we can all be together.  We have never been crazy about kids spending time by themselves in their room.  We think everyone should spend as much time together as possible.

I went to town and went grocery shopping.  I spent $30 at Publix (best meat), $80 at Sams (cheese and meds) and $80 at Aldi (everything else.)  I still have to get some bulk macaroni from Ingles but they were out.  All of the cheese I got will last the month and most of the meds I got will last a year.  Sams has super cheap over the counter meds.  My grocery bill is growing, but so is my family and my heart.  I just have to remember that.

Well, I need to go get ready for bed.  Mothers day is tomorrow.  I love my own mother so much, and I love my mother in law even though she is not in love with us right now.  I keep praying for some reconciliation, but it hasn't happened yet.  She doesn't want us to come see her for mothers day.  It stings to hear that, but in a way it is a relief.  I don't really want to deal with all of our emotions tomorrow.  I want it to be a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment