Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Routine

I am trying to map out a summer routine for my kids.  I don't want anything too structured, but I also don't want everyone laying around doing nothing all summer.  I don't want to waist a bunch of time, but I also want them to have plenty of free time to do what they want.  Here is what I have come up with for this summer.

9:00 Breakfast - if someone is hungry before they can eat, but I want everyone up and eating by this time.

9:30  Clean up Kitchen, get dressed, make beds, clean up rooms, morning chores.

10:30  Those still homeschooling will work on schoolwork, others will have time to journal and read books from the library.

11:15 - 12:30  Free time, work on project of choosing, legos, free play time, (no computer or tv) finish up school work.

12:30 Lunch

1:00 Clean up lunch, put away laundry, clean up from free time.

1:30-4:00  Summer fun time.  During this time we will go swimming, go to the river, go to the museum, go to the library, etc.  If it is poor weather or we have more to do at home we may watch a movie or we might do some crafts or have game time. 

4:30-6:00  Dinner prep - one child will help with that every night, free time, computer time, tv time.

6:00 dinner, family bible time at table.

6:30 clean up table, clean up other messes

7:00 - 8:30  Family time - work in garden, swim at river, go for walks, play outside, etc.

9:00 - 10:00 Bed

I think this is structured but loose at the same time.  I am not tight with the schedule, but just want our days to flow nicely.

We will take some days and go to a state park, water park, have friends over, etc.  We will also have appointments and such so this is loose, but just something to strive for.


No comments:

Post a Comment