Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Birthday

Today is Ashley's 14th birthday!  I know I sound old, but where has the time gone?  I remember bringing her home from the hospital.  She was so tiny and I didn't know what I was doing.  Now she will be in high school next year!  Yikes!  I am proud of the young lady that she has become and I can't wait to see what she does in the future.  I know alot of people say that they hate the teenage years, but so far I am enjoying them.

So for the birthday party we are taking a van load to the movies to see Madagascar 3.  When we are done we are coming back here for a cook out and cake and ice cream. The cake is a rainbow cake.  I can't wait to post pictures, but we have to wait until it is cut because it is the inside that will be so cool.

For a birthday party i normally spend around $50 to take the kids to do something special.  We have been skating, to the water park, gotten nails done, and movies.  We then normally come back here an invite the family to come over for a cookout with hotdogs and cake and ice cream.  It usually is another $25 for the cookout, but that is usually my total expense.  The birthday kid also gets to pick the meals for the day on their birthday.  Sometime it is some strange combinations of food, but usually it is pretty good.  The point is to make the day all out them, and to focus on them for a day.  We usually buy simple gifts and a few items that they need.  If they are wanting something expensive we will encourage the family to give them money and they can pool that and go get what they want.  I personally would rather them have one nice thing than a bunch of junk.

I don't think my niece is enjoying her run away life like she thought she would.  We tried to tell her that, and we tried to convince her not to act the way she did.  Unfortunately for her we do not have custody of her and if she wants to make other choices we can't help her too much besides talking to the Grandparents.  People have to some day learn that you have consequences for your actions.  You can't lie, steal and run away and then come back and live your old life like nothing ever happened.  You have to pay the consequences and then try to make things right, but you can't go back to where you were.  I don't know what will happen with her. It is out of my hands.  Prayer is the only thing that will help her get her head straight and get through everything.

Well, I have to get started on some things for today.  Babysitting this morning and movies this afternoon.  Yeah for us we live a blessed life because of the Lord Jesus.  He is our rock and salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment