Saturday, June 2, 2012

Moving on

Yes, we are moving on with life since my niece left.  We are all left with a hole in our hearts, but she is 17 and we can't make her come home or realize what she left.  She will probably realize it one day.  The Lord God is deep down in her heart where that seed has been planted.  I am still left with guilt and the what ifs.  What if we hadn't let her get on the Internet, what if we didn't let her use the phone, what if we didn't let her have access to car keys, but truthfully she could have left if we didn't let her have open access to these things.  She was getting online at the grandparents house with a stolen ipod.  She made an extra copy of her car key without our knowledge.  We try here to let the kids have access to the Internet and cell phones, but not with sneaking around and with safeguards in place.  We try to have an open relationship, because we believe if you don't let them ever do these things they will sneak around and do things that are wrong when they are not with you.  We do let our kids spend the night with friends and friends come over here and they all have smart phones and ipods and are all on the Internet.  Yes, we probable let Brianna have too many privileges too fast, but when we saw it was a problem we restricted her on those privileges.  We never thought she would leave and I won't let anyone make me feel guilty for her leaving.  It could have happened on anyone's watch.

So like I said we are moving on.  Ashley has her dance recital today.  They are doing the Lion King and she if Rafiki the monkey.  It was a little rough on the dress rehearsal, so I guess the recital will be good!  After we are going out for Mexican food.   It is cheap and good and I just am not coming back here after the recital and cooking for a crowd.  I think Ashley's friend is coming and spending the night.  More fun fun!

I went to Aldi shopping yesterday and spend over $100.00, but it was also stuff for a cookout next weekend for Ashley's birthday.  It still seems like alot of money.  I also went to Publix and spent $30 on meat.  I only buy ground beef from them since I found out about the pink slime.  I know theirs is good.  I am hoping no grocery shopping except for a few fresh things for two weeks.   We will see how that goes.

Well, it is 9:00 and only have the crew is up.  I think I will make them some pancakes.  Pancakes on Saturdays are so good!  Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment