Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday

Well it is Monday.  We had Ashley's birthday party, Evan's birthday (his party is next weekend) and church and a family over for fellowship lunch on Sunday.  We had a busy but great weekend full of family and friends.  I feel great about what we accomplished this weekend and look forward to a great week.

In a side note, my niece is back in the hospital.  As you can say, the party is over.  All I can say is that I feel for her, not because what she has done, but because of what she gave up.   She could have had a great life with us, but chose differently.   I don't know where she will go from here.  Somewhere for troubled teens to be sure.  I will just keep praying and hoping that she can change her life and really let Jesus in. 

Enough on that note.  We are going to the beach on Saturday, so my goal is to not grocery shop this week and to finish up anything in the fridge and eat from the freezer.  I will combine my grocery money from this week and next to let us eat well while we are gone.  I will probably go buy some shrimp and fish from the docks which is so much cheaper than eating out.  We may go out once, but last time we it was so expensive and we were disappointed in the quality.  I would rather buy it myself and cook it.  We will see.  I usually bring alot of food from home, but this time I think I will bring a small cooler with milk and bring cereal and muffins and then shop when I get to the island.  I need to see what is down there because my parents go often and tend to store up stuff while they are there.  We will see what is in the pantry and freezer there and then go shopping.  Don't worry, I will bring my coupons.  I never like to spend more than I have to even on vacation.

Well, I am off to finish addressing Evan's birthday invitations.  His party is on Saturday and we are getting a blow up water slide and sharing it with my nephew.  We are praying for good weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment