Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A few more days of subbing

I am going to sub at the school tomorrow and Friday.  I am not going to start to watch the baby until the middle of February and I have no real reason not to work except that I don't want to.  I like being at home and getting stuff done and being able to be there in the afternoon for the kiddos.  I hate being really tired from working or feeling like I have to do laundry and then fix dinner.  Oh well, only a few more days.  I do enjoy the teachers and staff at the school and most of the children.



Above is one of the soup meals I often make.  This is a chili soup with homemade bread.  It is really good on a cold day.

For dinner I fixed chicken and rice soup.  I had some chicken stock in the freezer from a chicken we had last week.  I added some carrots, onion, celery, garlic and some rice bought in bulk at Sams.  I also added two chopped up chicken breasts.  I made grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it.  I buy bread at the outlet for $1 a loaf and bulk buy sliced cheese from Sams.  It is a pretty cheap meal.  Plus there is plenty of leftover soup for Steven and I to eat for lunches.  This is one of the many ways that I make the budget stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment