Friday, March 9, 2012

BACK IN THE SADDLE

Well, I got the boot off of my foot this week and I am now wearing a brace.  I still have some weakness and soreness in my ankle, but it is doing much better.  I can walk much easier in this brace, so I decided to go the the grocery today.  I went to Aldi because I saw that they had .99 cent pineapples and .79 cent strawberries and I was not disappointed.  We have already eaten one of the packages of strawberries and made a dent in the pineapples.  I also got some other staples:


I spent $48 total.  I thought this was a good price for what I got :  four boxes of cereal, sugar, lettuce, cans  of tomatoes, 2 milks, oil, pasta, chips, crescent roll, and  few other odds and ends.  I still need to go to Kroger.  They have whole chickens on sale and I need some ground chuck for hamburgers.  This is the menu for the week:

Monday:  Chicken wings, mac and cheese, carrots (Emma's request).

Tuesday:  Spaghetti and salad

Wednesday:  Chili

Thursday :  Whole chicken, pasta salad, green beans

Friday:  Chicken/broccoli braid

Saturday:  Pizza

Sunday:  Hamburgers and hot dogs  (Sunday regular)

We eat cereal, bagels, eggs and toast or oatmeal for breakfast.  Some of the kids buy lunches at school and some pack a sandwich, chips and fruit.  Steven and I usually eat leftovers or make sandwiches.


No comments:

Post a Comment