Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Adventures in Sourdough

I have been trying to get some sourdough going. I have tried this before and had little luck with it. I know it is frugal and it is supposed to be very healthy, but I have always had trouble getting the starter to work. Well, I have researched and read alot about sourdough and I tried it again. The first set of bread rose, but I did put a little yeast in the starter. My second rose some, but not great and the third batch did not rise at all. So, then I took the started out of the fridge and started feeding it again and after a few more days it looked like good starter and a was bubbly again. I mixed up some honey whole wheat sourdough last night and now look at it.





I think it looks pretty good. I hope it bakes well. I am so excited that this is working. I did not put any more yeast in it, so it is true sourdough. I am hoping to incorporated it into more baked goods. Yummy yum yum!



I other news, we are heavily into baseball right now. I think Evan is doing pretty well considering that he is the youngest on the team and the shortest. We are only practicing right now. I don't know how they will do as a team but I really don't care. I just like watching them. I don't care if they win or lose, I just want them to have fun and learn the game.



Well, I guess I will go and put this bread in the oven. I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment