Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sourdough Bread

I have been trying to get back into the kitchen after breaking my ankle.  I love being in the kitchen and organizing my home, but the last few weeks everything has been put aside.  I have been wanting to make sourdough bread for a while.  The last time I tried it, it was a flop.  The bread never rose and I hated that all of that work went out the window.  Well, this past few weeks I have been researching online other people's sourdough.  I got many tips and tried it again.  Well, this time it worked.



I haven't baked it yet, but it has risen up nicely.  It is honey whole wheat and if we like the taste I will post the recipe.  I am super excited.  This kind of bread is supposed to be great for you.

I am also trying to make some yogurt.  We have been eating two huge containers of yogurt a week.  That runs about $5.00, but I can make the same amount myself for about $1.50.  I cooked it on the stove and now it is sitting in my crockpot with a towel around it.


The last time that I tried this it didn't set up good.  I am hoping for better results!

No comments:

Post a Comment