Thursday, January 5, 2012

Eat from the Pantry Update

Well, we have been eating from the pantry but I have also been shopping. There were some really good deals at Kroger on Tide detergent and I had $2.00 off coupons. They also had a sale on bone in chicken breast, bacon, and had it so that you could get free milk with the purchase of Nurtra Grain cereal bars. I got all of this plus a few extras for around $50.00. I also repeated the scenario at CVS, but I only bought two toilet papers and six shampoos. I spent $16.00 and got another $10.00 gift card. Now we are stocked up on TP and shampoo. I really didn't want to spend this much on a bunch of non foods, but I really hate to pass up a deal.

Last night I made chili for a crowd. We always have extras stop by right before church, so I try to make a soup or casserole that can feed a crowd and can be cleaned up quickly. I cooked the beans from scratch, and added ground deer meat, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and spices. My chili is never the same twice in a row. I just add stuff until it taste well.

Tonight I made potato soup and two loaves of bread. We ate one with dinner and can toast the other for breakfast with homemade jam!

Tomorrow is pizza. I have everything we need for that. We are off to a good start even though I have overspent a little this week. I just have to make up for it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment