Monday, January 9, 2012

Menu Monday and Pantry Update for Jan. 9

So far this week we are doing well on the pantry challenge.  I was going to have tacos tonight, but we were low on flour tortillas so I changed it up.  I don't want to do unnecessary shopping.  This weekend I made two trips to the store.  I went to CVS to get dish washing detergent.


I only paid $1.78 for all 4.  I had coupons and extra bucks.  Love this stuff. I run my dishwasher twice a day and we have well water.  This stuff gets my dishes clean with no film.

I also went to the grocery and got lettuce.  They were on sale for .88 cents.  I am not a big fan of iceberg, but everyone else is and it was cheep.



 Now, here is our menu for the week:

Monday:  Spaghetti and salad

Tuesday: Crock pot turkey breast, mashed potatoes, peas

Wednesday : Chicken soup and homemade bread

Thursday:  Crock pot roast beef, potatoes, carrots, and onions

Friday: Pizza

Saturday:  Grilled chicken, mac and cheese, and salad

Sunday:  Hot dogs and hamburgers.

Our breakfasts are usually scrambled eggs, oatmeal, muffins, or cereal.  I always let them choose cereal if they want.  Evan always wants cereal.

I will make a trip to Wal-mart for some coffee creamer and some mayonnaise later tonight.  That is about all for the week.  I will probably head to Aldi on Friday or Saturday.  I know by then we will need milk and eggs and fresh stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment